The same great Herbal Digest you have grown to know and love is now available in bulk rates for your larger barn needs!
Our bulk package provides a monthly supply of Herbal Digest or Herbal Digest Plus for 6 horses for the cost of 5!
Happy Gut, Happy Horse.
We have been using this blend for years in our barns. Herbal Digest has been our go-to supplement to keep our horses feeling good with Happy tummies and excellent digestive support.
Marshmallow root (Althaea officinalis) is known as a demulcent. That means that it soothes irritation of mucous membranes. It is widely recognized for this purpose in horses. Studies show that it is effective for:
- gastric inflammation
- coughs and respiratory inflammation
- repair of mucosal membranes
- antimicrobial (pathogens)
Plantain is a plant that soothes the irritation of the horse's bronchial tubes.
- helps to soothe irritations of the upper respiratory tract and bronchial tubes.
- rich in potassium, calcium, sulfur, and vitamin K
- supports the immune system
Ellen Collinson Equine Herbalist writes, “This is another herb as useful externally as internally, It is one of the most efficient infection fighters in the ‘natural’ medicine chest. It can be used as a poultice, especially if it is mixed with slippery elm, the drawing power is incredible, and it can be used internally to fight infection, especially in the kidneys and bladder.”
Have more than 6 horses in your yard? Feel free to reach out for custom bulk needs.
Equine Herbal Digest Bulk
Use 2 Tablespoons daily with Feed (grain, etc)
- Double the dosage for the first two weeks
- Double as needed for stall rest, high stress, or G.I. Boost Candidates
- Add a simple probiotic (such as Fasttrack) for an even happier belly